How many hours weekly will I need to invest in the program to successfully complete it? Will there be an extension of time to complete the program?
Every week is about a 7 hour time investment. This consists of weekly pre-recorded videos, live-sessions with Rav Doniel Katz, homework assignments, and a study group (Chaburah). Please see below for details on Chaburahs.
On occasion, additional optional live sessions, Elevation Circles, will be offered. See below for more information.
We highly recommend that students keep apace of the schedule so they can complete their certification as well as integrate the material into their existing work with the guidance of Rav Katz and feedback from the other participants. The bottom line is that the schedule is flexible and can be done at your own pace. Certification must be completed within a year of the training start date.
When are the Teacher Training classes being held?
How will the live classes be delivered online?
Elevation uses three main web based technologies for all our programs:
- Zoom video conferencing for live webinars;
- Teachable, an educational app; and
- Workplace, a community chat app.
These are all highly interactive, robust programs in which you can participate from the convenience of your home or office. Between these three technologies, students learn together in a virtual classroom, ask questions and participate in discussions in real time, and collaborate with others on class assignments.
The Elevation Teacher Training program is unique to us and includes real-time hands-on teaching experience, an extensive library of source material and supplementary notes, and full support for the duration of the program. Study groups, Chaburahs, are another way students will receive support, encouragement, guidance and practice. These will be established at the start of the program.
What do I need to get set up for the live Zoom video classes?
A RELIABLE computer or laptop with a clear camera device and a STRONG, STABLE internet connection
- Your meeting access information
- A headset or earbuds (optional)
- A smartphone if you’re unable to receive video via your computer, laptop, or device
QUICK Checklist for a ZOOM Webinar:
- Download / Connect to Zoom: Download the Zoom Software here (or connect to the event, if already downloaded)
TIP: Make sure you have a stable internet connection, either through WiFi or a direct line. We suggest closing other programs to ensure you have adequate bandwidth.
- Zoom Test Room: You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting the Zoom Test Room Here (Include link to Elevation Zoom Room.)
- Headphones or earbuds: Events will be highly interactive and there will be opportunities to share, so we encourage you to use headphones, especially on video, to ensure the best sound quality.
- Asking a Question or Raising your Hand: You can ask a question in two ways…
- Click Q&A in the attendee controls to open the Q&A window, type your question into the Q&A box and Click Send.
- Click Raise Hand in the attendee controls. Your hand will stay raised until you or the host lower it. You can lower your hand if needed by clicking Lower Hand.
- Unmute/Mute: If you are given permission, you can unmute and talk during the webinar. If the host allows you to talk, you will receive a notification asking if you’d like to unmute yourself. Your ‘audio settings’ will now change to a ‘Mute/Unmute’ button.
- Chat: To send chat messages click Chat in the attendee controls. The chat will appear on the right side of your Zoom window if you are not in full screen. If you are in full screen, it will appear in a window that you can move around your screen as needed. Type your message and press Enter.
- Zoom events can be accessed via your desktop, laptop, cell phone, phone, or tablet. We will email an invitation to the Elevation Zoom meeting room before every class. Included in each invitation is the time and date of the class as well as detailed instructions for joining the class and a link that will take you directly into the Zoom room where our class will be held. Each participant who joins the class via the link will be visible on the screen. This contributes a great deal to getting to know each other and forging close connections. Also included in each invitation are international phone numbers from which you can dial into the class. On the phone, you obviously won’t be able to see other participants and they won’t see you.
- We will review these instructions and become familiar with working with Zoom during our Orientation Class.
I don’t like to be visible on zoom. Is this okay?
ETT LEVEL 1:
ETT is a program that highly encourages participation and a sense of community. Having your video on allows for others to get to know you and to place a face with your voice. Oftentimes personal sharing is appropriate and having everyone visibly available helps to create a sense of community, involvement and participation. For this reason, we recommend that people have their video on during live webinars.
ETT Level 2:
Video visibility is a requirement for Level 2 as at this level, ETT students are learning and practicing the actual tools to become teachers and facilitators and must be comfortable with this.
If you have any specific concerns, please contact us at [email protected] and we will be happy to work with you on them.
What equipment do I need to participate in the program?
- A RELIABLE computer with a STRONG, STABLE internet connection to access the pre-recorded and live teaching sessions on Workplace, the platform we use for all our online programs.
- Although not necessary, we highly recommend using earbuds or earphones for listening to online classes and participating in Zoom live classes. They cancel out most background noise and generally have a stronger microphone for speaking.
Zoom events can be accessed via your desktop, laptop, cell phone, phone, or tablet. We will email an invitation to the Elevation Zoom meeting room before every class. Included in each invitation is the time and date of the class as well as detailed instructions for joining the class and a link that will take you directly into the Zoom room where our class will be held. Each participant who joins the class via the link will be visible on the screen. This contributes a great deal to getting to know each other and forging close connections. Also included in each invitation are international phone numbers from which you can dial into the class. On the phone, you obviously won’t be able to see other participants and they won’t see you.
We will review these instructions and become familiar with working with Zoom during our Orientation Class.
What is Workplace and how is it used?
Our private group chat is hosted on Workplace*, the same platform we use for the other Elevation chat groups. Once you’ve been accepted into the program, you’ll receive a link to join Teachable and Workplace, where you’ll sign in with your email and a unique password that you create. You can also add a profile picture if you like. We have a private Teacher’s Training group on Workplace where you’ll be able to interact with each other through chat.
Interaction between students outside the class is a key part of our program. The private Teacher Training group is a place where students can interact with other students, exchange ideas, brainstorm, and collaborate on projects. It is a robust, vibrant, and private platform where you’ll be able to support each other, ask questions, give feedback, and develop close connections with all the members in the program.
The main goal of this chat is to have a supportive and focused environment where students from around the world can come together and delve into Elevation to learn meditation and consciousness from a Torah perspective. It is a safe haven where the focus is purely on Elevation, Torah and course related topics. If you have a question about posting outside material, please contact the Elevation Teacher Training Team at [email protected]
*Please note that although Workplace technology is built by Facebook, it is in no way connected to Facebook.
Where will I find all the pre-recorded sessions and live class recordings?
All pre-recorded sessions and live webinar recordings are hosted on Teachable, Elevation’s educational platform.
What happens if I miss a class for a work-related or personal reason?
I'm not really part of Elevation and have never attended a full Elevation program or event. Am I a candidate for the Training program and will I benefit as much from the material?
If you are interested in Jewish meditation, higher consciousness, the spiritual healing power of connecting to the Source of all, deep, experiential Kabbalistic Jewish practices, and the potential that Elevation teachings have to radically influence the world, Jewish education, kiruv, and personal development, among other things, then this training is for you.
Although no prior experience is necessary, prior participation in an Elevation program, seminar, or retreat, especially the Elevation Mastery Program and Premium Program, is a huge advantage for the serious teacher of the material.
That being said, this training provides an opportunity to learn everything from the basics in our Foundations series to some of the most effective meditation techniques for expanding and heightening consciousness and teaching others. No matter what modalities you already use as a teacher, therapist, coach, Rabbi, Rebbetzin, etc. you will gain a deeper understanding of how and why they work from a Torah perspective. The teachings will enhance your effectiveness in all areas and expand your skill and ability to do all that you do.
Please keep in mind that this program was created to train you to teach Elevation material and not to focus exclusively on your own personal development, although you will grow personally in exponential ways through the program.
What are the payment options for the program?
- Full payment of $2499
- 3 payments of $833
- 6 payments of $416.50
Can I get a scholarship?
In addition to our highly subsidized tuition, we are offering a limited number of scholarships to help serious applicants truly in need afford the program. Requests for scholarships are at the end of the application. Although we wish we could offer financial assistance to everyone who requests it, the reality is that we have a very limited number of scholarships available and a limited amount for each scholarship for our already reduced tuition. So before you apply for a scholarship, please remember:
- You could use maaser. Although it’s not ideal, our Rav said it is preferable to use maaser to pay for the training than to not do the training at all.
- You could create a payment plan with us.
- You could ask friends, family, or someone who supports your work to fund some or all of your tuition.
How are these program delivered?
The Elevation Mentor Training program is unique to us and includes real-time hands-on teaching experience, an extensive library of source material and supplementary notes, and full support for the duration of the program.
Interaction between students outside the class is a key part of our program. All students will be granted access to a private Mentor Training group on the Workplace App where they can interact with other students, exchange ideas, brainstorm, and collaborate on projects.
Can I take multiple programs parallel to the Teacher Training?
If you have time and have not already done the Elevation Mastery Program or Premium Program, we highly recommend it. Aside from our live seminars, however, we don’t recommend that you join any other programs for the duration of your training.
What does Elevation Mastery offer? Are there elements of the current ETT program that I will not have access to?
The Mastery Program offers an incredible opportunity to augment your personal development program with Elevation techniques and practices before teaching others.
One of the things we’ve discovered from our current participants is that those who joined the training with a background in Elevation teachings have a much stronger foundation on which to build their teaching skills than those who don’t. If you’ve not yet done the life-changing Elevation Mastery program and begun to integrate the basic teachings into your life, we highly recommend you use these coming months to join the Mastery Program in preparation for the Teacher’s Training. The Mastery Program also offers an incredible opportunity to augment your personal development program with Elevation techniques and practices before teaching others. Although we strongly recommend you do this, it’s not a prerequisite to participating in the Teacher Training program.
Subscribe to the Mastery Program and join here: www.elevationmastery.com.
Subscribe to Mastery Premium – which includes a weekly live webinar – use this link to join: https://elevationacademy.online/purchase?product_id=867162
What is the difference between Elevation Mastery and Elevation Premium?
Main Package (referred to as Mastery) ($69/month) provides access to many videos and resources including:
* 19 Videos from previous Webinars and Workshops,
* 89 videos from previous live Premium webinars,
* Meditation excerpts from Mastery Class Videos,
* 10 Bonus Videos of live teachings and techniques,
* Access to the Elevation Online Sourcebook Website,
* Membership to the online Community where you can communicate with the entire Elevation Tribe and participate in a weekly live Q&A session with Rav Doniel
The next level is the Premium Package ($199/month) which includes all of the Main Package and adds:
* Live weekly 1.5 hour webinars with Rav Doniel with a small community of individuals. This is a personalized environment where you have direct access to him to learn, grow, and transform on a deeper level. I can tell you that this is an amazing program with incredible teachings, resources, techniques and meditations.
* Access to all previous and current Premium Videos
See more Elevation programs comparison here:
Which countries do your students come from?
Are there any additional program costs?
No, there are no additional program costs. Your tuition includes everything necessary to successfully complete your Teacher Training Certification with a guarantee of no hidden extras, including all course materials, notes, supplemental reading, and resources. There are no additional taxes either.
If I drop out of the program, will I receive a refund?
We understand that life happens and plans change. A student who wishes to leave the program before it begins can receive a full refund, less $200.00 registration fee, up until midnight the day before the training start date.
While we know these programs are of a very high caliber , we want you to be sure the program is a good fit for you:
If within the first 10 days from the starting date of the program you are not satisfied, you may request a full refund, less the $200 registration fee. After this, no refunds can be issued and no payment plans can be cancelled.
Will I receive the support I need during the course?
Besides the opportunity to interact with Rav Doniel during his live classes, including asking questions and receiving occasional feedback, the Elevation Teacher Training Support team will be available to answer your questions in our online community.
At the start of the course, students will be assigned to a Chaburah, study group, led by experienced graduates from the Elevation Teacher Training Program. These tight knit small groups will be a place of support, guidance, practice, and growth.
Additionally, your fellow students will be a great source of encouragement, insight, feedback, and more during the training. We encourage students to take advantage of this high-level support to help them complete the program by the last class.
What is a Chaburah and how does it work?
Upon admission to ETT, each student will be asked to complete a survey in order to be placed in a Chaburah (study group). Chaburahs will be created based on the day/time of majority availability preferences.
Each Chaburah will have a leader, a Rosh Chaburah, that will coordinate, facilitate, support and engage practice, learning and integration of materials. Chaburahs will meet weekly for 1.5 hours.
Upon completion of my program will I receive a teaching certificate?
Students who fulfill ALL the training requirements (see below) within one year of the start of the program will be awarded a Certificate as a Level 1 Elevation Teacher.
To receive certification, students must fulfill ALL training requirements outlined in the training materials: watch all pre-recorded videos, full class attendance (either live or recorded), and pass all exams and teaching requirements. In addition, all certification requirements must be completed within one year of the program launch, which is six months after the program’s completion.
- 100% completion of all course material
- Write a dictionary of 50 Elevation terms, concepts and phrases
- Prepare all 13 Foundational Meditations to be spot tested on at least two
Design and Give Your Own Meditation Class on Elevation
Write an essay
Teach a meditation class
What can I do with my certification after graduating?
Upon completion of ETT Level 1 with certification, we encourage you to continue practicing, using and facilitating the meditations with friends, family, your community and any appropriate environments you already work with or potentially would benefit from the meditations. Successful graduation and certification also qualify application to continue your growth, skills and education with Level 2.
Successful graduation from Level 2 will give students specific and targeted skills to take Elevation out into different populations. Students will learn skills to develop programming for a variety of specific populations and will be confident in facilitation of the programs.
What are the components of the ETT Level 1 and Level 2?
- Recorded Videos, 2-3 hours, 1-2x/week
- Live Q&A sessions, 2x/month
- Weekly Chaburah (study group), 1.5 hours/week (see below for details
- Occasional Optional Elevation Circle Live sessions, 1.5 hours
How will this training add to the skills and materials I already use as a teacher, therapist, coach, rabbi, rebbetzin?
The training will basically give you a whole new dimension of understanding the modalities you’re already using–how they work, why they work – all from a Torah perspective. They’ll totally enhance your ability to do all the things you do as well as give you the opportunity to explore the spiritual power of deveikus as a tool of healing. You’ll have the chance to understand and expand your existing skill set in these areas. These are the kinds of things, and much more, that we’ll be covering in the training. It’s a game-changer for a spiritually sensitive Jewish person and a super confidence builder when you know from Torah sources that the healing you’re offering can be found and proven throughout every part of our tradition.
How long will the course content be available?
Content will be available long term, with our minimum commitment of two years.
Can I share Elevation materials outside of the course?
Any and all proprietary Elevation materials (including, but not limited to, written material, recorded video(s), audio recordings, transcripts, worksheets, meditation guidelines, etc) are the exclusive property of The Elevation Project and are designated for the sole use of The Elevation Project. No Elevation Project material is to be utilized outside of Elevation Project without the expressed, written permission of The Elevation Project.
Students are encouraged to develop their own personal, original material and are welcome to use Elevation Project materials as a cited source. Please ensure that the citation is specific and according to the norms of accepted academic citation protocols as well as include a disclaimer within the material that Elevation Project is not affiliated with the student project/business in any manner. Your unique voice is critical to your message and we invite you to be “the source of the source” when referring to Elevation Project material.
Under no circumstances are The Elevation Project logos, mottos, mission statement, vision statement, or web domains to be used in any written or printed form outside the scope of official Elevation Project use. Links that refer to the Elevation Project homepage as a means of solely referring the reader to Elevation Project are allowed.
We hope you understand the need to protect the integrity of the Elevation Project and are happy to address any questions or concerns regarding this policy.